Avidemux is a cross-platform video editor, especially useful for simple tasks like cutting a video, encoding tasks, etc.
After years in which there were only minor Avidemux updates, there's finally a new major release: 2.6, which comes with a rewrite of all the Avidemux internals as well as some new features:
- Support for hardware accelerated framework: VDPAU only for the moment
- OpenGl filters (only Qt4/mac & linux)
- Support for more scripting languages: Spidermonkey, TinyPy and QtScript
- Multiple audio tracks support (in / out)
- Deal with time and not assume constant framerate. You can now edit your .ts and keep a/v sync
Install Avidemux 2.6 in Ubuntu
Ubuntu 12.04 users can install the latest Avidemux 2.6 without overwriting Avidemux 2.5.x (if installed), by using the GetDeb repository. Firstly, you have to add the GetDeb repository by installing THIS deb file. Once installed, run the following commands in a terminal:
Läs hela artikeln.