Major changes in Cinnamon 1.6:
- Cinnamon 2D session (uses software rendering)
- Workspace OSD: you can now name the workspaces (which are persistent in Cinnamon)
- ALT + Tab improvements: you can now use thumbnails or previews
- Improved sound applet: larger album cover, mute buttons for speakers and microphone and more
- Grid View in Expo
- The panel is fully customizable: options to configure auto-hide delay and the panel height have been added to Cinnamon Settings.
- many other improvements and bug fixes
In my test, the Cinnamon 2D session was very slow, even though my computer is pretty fast, so it seems this feature isn't ready yet. And in fact, in the Cinnamon 1.6 release notes it's mentioned that Cinnamon 2D is used to "troubleshoot compatibility problems with Cinnamon", so it doesn't look like it's intended for everyday use just yet.
Läs hela artikeln.