Hightlights in this release includes:
- Microsoft Surface 3 touchscreen support
- Supports AMD OverDrive technology, which means you can overclock your AMD graphics card with Linux kernel 4.8.
- The open source Nouveau driver now has initial support for Nvidia Pascal GPU architecture.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Broadcom BCM2837 SoC is supported.
- HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) is supported.
- Btrfs ENOSPC enhancements
Install Linux Kernel 4.8 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
The following steps are also tested on Debian 8 Jessie, Deepin Linux 15.32, Linux Mint 18 and Elementary OS Loki. Ubuntu 16.10, which is scheduled to be released on October 13, includes Linux kernel 4.8 by default.
Läs hela artikeln.