I am trying to use my ext. HD but it is formatted for windows and I can’t figure out how to re-format so i can use it for ubuntu. Also, at one point i had alot of the desktop effects working now wobbly windows won’t work, but is checked in Compiz, and cube is checked but doesn’t seem to work? I am using 32 bit version, would 64 make a difference regarding this or is it just a lack of memory? I only have a 10G int. Hd, that’s why I am trying to use the other but can’t get it to work right.
Read the rest of Howto Reformat My External Hard disk to install Ubuntu (0 words)
© cmv583 for Ubuntu Geek, 2008. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us digg
Who's linking ? Technorati BlogPulse Google
Want more on these topics ? Browse the archive of posts filed under General, Package Mgmt.
- Where to search Ubuntu Personal Package Archives (PPA) (2)
- What is new in Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) (1)
- Upgrade Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) to Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibix) (17)
- Ubuntu Installation Report Generator (3)
- Ubuntu Hardy/Intrepid Intel3945 Wireless (4)
- Ubucleaner - Simple bash script to keep your Ubuntu System Clean (13)
- The extremely simple guide to installing Ubuntu using Wubi (From Windows) (19)
- Switch to a lightweight filemanager (Thunar) (11)
- Performance tuning with System Control (sysctl) in Ubuntu (10)
Inlägget är automatiskt hämtat från Ubuntu Geek.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)